Public Works

Public Works

Jay Watson, P.E.  - DirectoR

The Department of Public Works serves the community by maintaining the infrastructure of St. Tammany Parish to provide optimal service, prompt courteous responses, and professional excellence to the unincorporated areas of St. Tammany for road and drainage concerns.

Road Maintenance

All Road and Drainage Maintenance activities within the unincorporated areas of the Parish are performed by various personnel, assigned to three (3) areas and each under the direction of a Road Foreman. The hours of operation are 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M., Monday through Friday. Duties performed include road repairs and grading, drainage maintenance, sign replacement, ditch cleaning, grass cutting, lighting districts, and other miscellaneous duties.

To request maintenance work, contact the appropriate location for your area of need, submit a Work Order Request Form (below) either on line or via fax, or email the Department of Public Works directly.

Public Works FAQs

Who do I call to have my ditches cleaned?

The Parish has three (3) maintenance areas that you can call to have your ditch inspected and/or cleaned. Also, these maintenance areas perform all of your maintenance needs including grass cutting, street sign replacement and any other types of maintenance. 

Where do I find my online work order request?

Filling out an online work order request form does not necessarily generate a work order. The requests are routed to our maintenance areas for review. For more information about a submitted request, please call the appropriate maintenance area or our main line.

If I’m in the City Limits of Slidell, who do I call for maintenance of my street?

You must call the municipality in which you reside for assistance with any of your maintenance needs. This includes any question regarding your utilities. i.e. gas, water, sewer, etc. The municipality telephone numbers are listed on the main page.

How do I get a street light replaced?

Not all street lights are in a funded lighting district(managed by St. Tammany Parish). Please call our main office to determine if you are in a funded lighting district or you can contact your electric company directly for any maintenance issues. Please have the pole number and a precise location of the light for location purposes.

A trucking or construction company is carrying heavy load and creating potholes on my street, who do I call?

We give permission to companies to use our roadways in order to complete projects, however, if you see a road being damaged by the use of a company, please call our office immediately so we can check for the proper bonding and permitted uses. Our office grants permission to use the roadway based on the type of activity. The Permit office can tell you if the company has a permit to operate.


Contact Us

  • Administrative Complex
    21490 Koop Dr.
    Mandeville, LA 70471

    Hours of Operation:
    Monday through Friday
    8:00am to 4:30pm